Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law has been in full effect around here lately, y'all.

In the span of 14 days I have had:

1 kid with an Upper Respiratory Infection (that was home sick for an entire week, starting on my birthday.  As a result, my birthday dinner was not at the nice restaurant as planned, but Domino's Pizza.)
1 kid with a cold (home for 2 days).
1 case of Pink Eye (same kid that had the cold).
2 kids with head lice (discovered the same morning that we were due to have an out-of-town house guest arrive).
1 car decide not to start, as I'm walking out the door to take kids to school (necessitating the hubs coming home from work to fix it).
The left turn signal lamp on my car go out.
My oil change light come on.
Anna's pet lizard die on me.
My phone screen crack into 2,000 pieces.
My kids' yearbook orders mysteriously go missing, even though we paid months ago.
An entire two weeks of storming and/or raining 6 days out of 7.
The hot tub that we thought was finally fixed and ready, show us the next day that we celebrated too soon.  :(

Can I get a do-over?  Lord have mercy!

Six more school days, then we can hopefully slow things down a bit.  Slow sounds like a beautiful thing, right about now.

But for now, I've got to put some good out there... maybe that will convince karma to swing the other way, a little bit.  LOL!

Good:

Summer is coming.
There are only 6 more days of school.
I have coffee.
The house is quiet.
The lake is pretty.
The kids are getting along in school pretty well right now.  No major complaints.
I made a friend.  :)
It's not raining, or storming.
My kid has finally started remembering to charge her phone, and take it to school (major peace of mind for me, knowing she can text me if something happens).
I started playing World of Warcraft again, and I'm having a really good time with that.  :)

Right now, I'm just mostly tired.  Very tired.
Murphy, dude, run along and play.  Go bother someone else, I'm too tired for your crap right now... there's only so much Starbucks can do for a person.





No comments:

Post a Comment