Sunday, October 20, 2013

Woolley Worm Festival Time!!

Today was awesome!  We drove out to Banner Elk (otherwise known as 'The Mountains' around these parts) to hit up the Woolley Worm Festival.

(For those of you who do not know, my eldest child LOVES bugs, insects, worms, and all manner of creepy-crawlies.  I mean L.O.V.E.S.  So, basically, we did this for her.)

We may have headed there for the kidlet, but we all ended up having a fabulous time.

Did I mention that we were in 'The Mountains'?  In fall?  Three words for that - holy beautiful, Batman.  The leaves were gorgeous.  The weather was amazing (not hot, but not cold - what I would refer to as 'mildly bracing'), and the views were unparalleled.

To add to the beauty of this awesome day, we all got to eat 'fair food' for lunch, and participate in the 'Woolly Worm Races' - and my bug-loving daughter actually WON!  Her worm 'Winner' actually took first place in race #24.  She was so. freaking. excited!  A blue ribbon and $25 later, and Anna was floating on Cloud 9.  :)



(This is us on an 'overlook' I insisted that P stop at in Blowing Rock, just before we left all the loveliness behind.)

Yes, a good day was had by all.  :)  Unfortunately, though, we planned this outing BEFORE P knew he'd have to leave on a business trip at the butt-crack of dawn the next day... so he might be marginally less thrilled.  LOL

As for me?  I'm daydreaming about a house on a cliff with spectacular views.....


No comments:

Post a Comment