Thursday, March 28, 2013

So, We Don't Agree...

I will never understand the thinking of some people.
Specifically, people who become downright livid when their friends, family, or online acquaintances don't agree with them on hot-button issues.  *gasp*

I have two words for y'all:
So. What.

Unless you are planning to marry that person, there is no reason why disagreement on a hot-button issue needs to be that big a deal.  It could very well be a deal-breaker in a marriage or long-term relationship, but otherwise?  I'm not seeing it.

That amount of intolerance will give you ulcers.  Sheesh.

Is it THAT DIFFICULT to respect that people in your life won't always agree with your brilliant views and rationale?  Is it that difficult to just tune out when they rant about something you don't care about or don't agree with?  (Unless they are completely militant about it, in my experience it's not that hard at all.)  Or if you REALLY REALLY care about them, and think their viewpoint is hurting them or that they would be much happier with a different one, is it THAT HARD to discuss it with them respectfully and thoughtfully rather than going off?

It's not hard for me.  (Unless I already hate you... if I already hate you, forget about it - I'm coming in guns blazing.  LOL!)

You want to win others over to your way of thinking?

Here's a little piece of advice for you:  being an insufferable jerk isn't going to do it.  You will end up driving them even FURTHER away from your end of the spectrum.  Be a shining example of your cause - be convicted and respectful.  Oh, and for the love of all that is holy?  Be ready to back up your views with logic.

And that ends my thoughts for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment