Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Elections - And Daylight Savings Time

I keep seeing all these clever little tie-ins with Daylight Savings Time, and the presidential election.

"Don't forget to change your clocks back on Saturday night, and your President on Tuesday."

"Remember to turn back your clocks on Saturday night - but don't turn our country's clock back 50 years on Tuesday."

Clever, but annoying.

Election wars just kill me, because people are stupid.  S.T.U.P.I.D.  Do people really think they are going to sway anyone to their way of thinking with insults (thinly veiled or otherwise)?  Does your shouting, name-calling, insulting, and pushy rhetoric reflect well on you, or the candidate/party you support?  Is it really that abhorrent to some people to accept that others have different viewpoints and not stoop to insulting the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with them?

You catch more flies with honey.  Integrity, patience, and logic go a long way in furthering your cause.  Some people will never be won over, and you'll give yourself ulcers trying to make them see it your way.  All these things are true, but it all seems to fly out the window during election years.

I'm glad there are only a few more days until it's decided, and then a few days of whining to follow.  LOL!

But for now we wait.

And I go on a suicide mission this weekend, just to shake things up a bit.  LOL!  Tonight I'm taking my Girl Scout Troop to a sleepover at Discovery Place.  (Hello, organizers?  The night the time rolls back may not have been your best idea ever.)  200+ girls under the same roof...

Everyone is loving it - "We get an extra hour of sleep!"
I'm all "Not me.  I get an extra hour of lying on a hard floor and saying 'Girls!  Time to go to sleep - quiet down!' You know you're jealous."

Nah, I jest.  I'm really looking forward to it, and I have some truly awesome girls in my troop.  I think we are going to have a blast!  Though I'm guessing a nap will definitely be in order tomorrow!

Pray for my sanity.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment