Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A New Dog - And Bad News. :(

So.  There's this dog.
Someone posted her picture on Facebook, and said they'd taken her to Animal Control in Charlotte...

Well, I kind of fell in love with her.
I agreed to adopt her and bring her home.
Then today we got very bad news... she didn't pass her vet check at Animal Control - she has heartworms.  :(

Heartworms.
Obviously she needs treatment, but it's very expensive... to the tune of at least $600.  But we decided to bring her home anyway, even though it will be a stretch to afford her treatment.

Someone suggested that I try to see if others could help, so I figured it's worth a shot.  I made a fundraising site to help us get this sweet baby (a female red and white pointer) well again.  :)  If you see this and feel moved, any little bit would be so very appreciated and helpful!

Click here if you'd like to help get this sweet girl on her way again!
http://www.gofundme.com/1h5twc

No comments:

Post a Comment