Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Voting - DONE.



Well, I decided that abstaining from the vote this year was a reaction borne out of frustration and the childish desire to not have to make a hard decision.  So, I sucked it up.

I voted this morning.
Now I just hope I made a decision that I won't come to regret in the next couple of years.  (Listen to me, talking like my candidate has already won!  I might dismay over this election in the end for reasons that have nothing to do with me....)

I always find voting to be an interesting experience.
I stand in line observing everyone coming in and out... I mentally note demographic information, and try to decide how I think they will vote based only on what I can see.  The only problem is that I always wonder how I did with my impromptu judgments afterward, and I never get to find out.  Bugger.  LOL

As usual, this year (for me) it came down to choosing the lesser of the two evils.  I have to admit, it wasn't a 'fun' decision to ignore some things that are very important to me because other things have to take precedence, and I can't have it both ways.  *sigh*

And now, I wait.
That's the worst part about early voting - the delayed gratification.  You have to wait what feels like FOREVER to find out if folks agree with you or not.

We'll see.
But for now I will eat Halloween candy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment