Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sleepwalking

Having one of those days...

Do you ever feel like you're sleepwalking through the day-to-day?
I do.  I think that's part of the reason I've been trying to fill up the days and weeks with activities, plans, etc.  Maybe it's a form of escape; a way to feel some excitement and purpose.

Sometimes I feel like everything has become so completely familiar that I want to climb out of my own skin - I want to rebel against the familiarity and predictability of my life.

It's probably a destructive urge, but it's undeniably strong.

Life shouldn't feel flat... should it?  What is life without passion and purpose?

I'm trying to climb out of this feeling and make my life purposeful and passionate, because I know I need it.  I need it, and I want it.  I think it's necessary to life, actually... not just for me, but for everyone.  The death of purpose and passion means the death of our souls.






No comments:

Post a Comment