Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

I think the title sums it up pretty well.
What is it with people who think that deadlines are merely a suggestion?

I'm a scout leader, and we have a lot of activities and trips happening.  My co-leader and I carefully planned them all, arranged everything, chaperon everything, and take care of all the details... all we ask is that permission slips and money get turned in on time.

It's like pulling teeth.
People, it's simple:  if you want your kid to go, get the crap to us on time.

You had two weeks.

I have a life.  No, I cannot meet you here, there, and everywhere to pick up forms individually.  I'm tired of emailing, and calling, and reminding.  I spent hours typing up information and forms initially, and now I'm spending hours following up.  This. Is. Ridiculous.

Have a little respect for my time.  The world doesn't revolve around you and your kid.

Well, at least I've learned something here - I am too nice and accommodating.  That is going to change.  Next time there will be no follow-up, and deadlines are FIRM.

Get ready, there's a new Dawn approaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment