Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ah, Fall Weekends

Boy, have I been busy lately!
Everyone (including me) has been taking advantage of our most temperate, lovely month of the year, and planning a million cool things to do in October.

Friday night we went to a local farm and went through a corn maze, a haystack maze, ate fried Oreos and funnel cake, and went on a nighttime hayride complete with dramatic re-enactment of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  FUN!

And the highlight of this weekend - the GOTR runway 5K.
I MADE IT OUT ALIVE, and here's the proof!


And, I wasn't last - we actually finished in the top 50%, which I'm pretty excited about.  :D  Given that I was running with an 8 year-old, that's pretty sweet, I think.

We followed up the 5K with a Halloween party, and then zonked. OUT. for many hours... had to be up and ready for today, when we took my Girl Scout troop to the Renaissance Festival!


This is about half my troop - is that a good-looking group of girls, or what?  We had a blast today!  I might be slightly biased, but I think they are the best little girls on the planet!

We had turkey legs, trick-or-treated, rode a camel, watched some zombie jousting, did the festival's 'Treasure Hunt', visited the petting zoo and rode some rides.  It was fabulous introducing three of my girls to this awesome experience for the first time - maybe next year when we go again, I'll dress up!

Whew!  Between yesterday and today, my feet are sore.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment