Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Long And Winding Road

I heard this song on the radio today, on the way to the store...

I'm ashamed to say that I switched the station as fast as my fingers could.  It's too painful.  When I hear the opening notes, I see my brother in his coffin.  :'(

When Tony died in 1989, just a few weeks before his death he told me he wanted the song 'Let It Be' by The Beatles played at his funeral.  I let everyone know, though I'm not sure they believed me.  :(  At any rate, they played 'Let It Be' and 'The Long And Winding Road' at the funeral home... it was on an endless loop,along with some Amy Grant songs.

I remember looking up, just as the opening strains of this song played, and seeing his face just above the lip of his coffin... I will never forget that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment