Monday, September 17, 2012

SO Embarrassing

I feel as though I am 'officially' a Mom today.

That's right, I'm in the club now.  As of today, I have been publicly spurned by my eldest child.
"UGH.  That is SO embarrassing."

I have kissed that child goodbye every morning of her school-going life in the drop-off line.  I have hugged her, kissed her, and said "I love you! Have a great day!"  Every. Single. Day.  And every day she's smiled and said "Love you too, Momma!"

But not today.  *sniff*
Today she hopped out, scowled, and said "UGH.  That is SO embarrassing."

SHE'S EIGHT!
I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until they were approaching middle school?

I know it's normal, I remember doing it myself, but man... I have to admit I'm kind of bummed.  :(

I thought I had a few more years before I was relegated to 'embarrassment' status.  What's worse is that I remember telling my Mom that her 'oldies' music (sixties music) was REALLY embarrassing, and could she please turn it down before dropping me off... I know it's coming for me, too.

My EIGHTIES/NINETIES music that I adore is now 'oldies'.

*faint*

When did I become my Mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment