Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back To School - And A Few Random Things

So, my kiddos finally went back to school on Monday - first grade and third grade.
Look at those beautiful girls:


Of course they wanted to goof around, and I had to BEG for just ONE good picture.  "C'mon, you two - just one good one!  Pretend you like each other!"  After much cajoling, I finally got a result.  Both Anna's feet are on the ground, she is looking at the camera, and Ella isn't frowning or showing me her underwear - SCORE.

I cannot believe I'm a Momma to such lovely, smart, BIG girls!

Things are going OK so far - only a few minor school-related meltdowns (my oldest likes to complain, and her sister is anxiety-prone... I have NO idea where they get that from.  *whistles*).  At any rate, I'm hoping this bodes well for the rest of the year.  :)

As for me?

I got rid of the blonde highlights for fall... thinking of getting some rich caramel color put in... we'll see.  :)

I'm getting my house in order finally, after a long, messy summer, and it feels good to have a little order and structure back in my life.  Though, I must admit, it's lonely here without all the little voices....  :(

I've been running a LOT of errands lately, and have a few tips:

* If you are out running errands and decide to get your eyebrows waxed, for the love of God, do it last...  unless you like people looking at you like you grew an extra head, that is.

* When you go to a nail salon for said waxing, the tech WILL notice your gnarly toenails and try to up-sell you on a pedicure.  Wear closed-toe shoes.

* If you need anything even SLIGHTLY out of the box, don't go to GNC.  They suck.  The woman didn't even know what sublingual meant... I had to spell it out for her, and then they didn't even have what I needed.

* Eat before you take your car into the dealership.  If you don't, you'll suddenly find yourself making a 3-course meal out of Gardettos, stale danish, and coffee that tastes like lighter fluid.  There are better ways to go about getting nourishment.

* When you go to Sam's Club hungry, there will never be any sample ladies hanging around.  It's a universal law.

* The one time you have to run an errand (or have an appointment) in the evening is the one night your kid will have a CRAPLOAD of homework.  Count on it.

You're welcome.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment