Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Hate Pinworms

Just a normal day in the neighborhood.

My kids have pinworms again, I have laundry piled up to the ceiling (largely due to the pinworm debacle), and I've spent the last few days bleaching my entire house, cleaning carpets, and cleaning the caves of shit otherwise known as kid rooms.

I think I'm going to go batshit insane.  Soon.
I am seriously worn out.

On the other hand, it is so nice to have everything in order and in it's place, if only for a little while.  I love it, but it's so hard for one person to keep up in a house this size!  (Plus, I live with at least two (possibly three) people who have an episode of 'Hoarders' in their future.)

Four weeks until school starts back!  I should be happy (and I am, in a way), but I'm nervous.  Nervous about how the year will go for Anna... what teacher will she get?  Will we be able to hold off her triggers, will her teacher be cooperative, will she be able to make (and keep) friends?  Are her therapies actually helping? There's a knot in my stomach thinking about it.  She's not thrilled about going back, either... she has asked me several times to homeschool her.  I feel badly, but I'm not ready to take that leap yet.  We'll see.

I'm going back to school in the winter... yep, a little nervous.  It's been a while!  I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up my grades with the kids, Anna's therapies, their homework, the house, Girl Scouts, the pets... there will be a LOT on my plate.

Whew.  I sense a lot of Starbucks in my future.

In other news, my niece is pregnant!  I will be a Great-Aunt for the 9th time in March.  :)  I must have been thinking of her before I went to bed last night, because I dreamed I adopted an 8 year-old girl from China... when I woke up I felt sad, like I missed this fictional kid.  Crazy!  I have very vivid and emotionally-charged dreams.

Meh.  Enough with the prattling, I guess, and back to cleaning.  By the time I'm done, you'd be able to perform surgery on my bathroom floor.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment