Friday, August 3, 2012

I Love The Smell Of Notebooks In The Morning...

What is it about buying composition books, binders, paper and pencils that makes me so happy?

It's tax-free weekend here in NC, and the perfect opportunity to do some back-to-school shopping, so the kids and I hit up Target today.  Ohhh, the notebooks and stacks of paper make me feel giddy with excitement - and I'm not even the one going back to school!

There is just something about a pristine notebook, perfectly sharpened pencils, and a brand-new box of crayons... it's almost a feeling of reverence for such clean, perfect goodness, and the promise of neat organization and a new start.  Yes, only I can turn a few notebooks and pencils into a religious experience!  LOL.  Hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?

But seriously... the smell of new notebooks and crisp paper still makes me feel nervous excitement in the pit of my stomach.  All those years of conditioning die hard, I suppose.  :)

I love this time of year.  :D
I may even have to go back to the store and snag some fresh pencils and notebooks for myself - just because I can.

4 weeks until school starts, and I think (know, actually) that I'm more nervous than the kids.  For once, I'M the one dreading the start of school, new supplies notwithstanding. I'm nervous about Anna, and how she'll do this year... I can't take another year like this last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment