Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kid Update

So... kid update.

My baby (Anna) is 8 years old.  How on EARTH did that happen?
Eight isn't exactly a milestone birthday, but for some reason it feels really old to me.  I think it's because I have very few (good) memories of my own early childhood - but I remember an awful lot from eight forward, so I guess I feel like I can relate to her in a different way, now.

It's strange... I don't really know how to describe it properly.  :)

OT is really helping Anna as well.  I think we may have stumbled upon a solution to her handwriting difficulties - cursive.  Her OT Gail discovered that her handwriting improves 100% if you allow her to write in cursive.  So, I think that may need to go in her IEP for this coming school year.  The difference is astounding!

Ella is getting so big... and she's obsessed with having a pet of her own.

She's been haranguing me nonstop for a hamster.  (Well, first it was a guinea pig, but I said NO!  They need too much space, and they need to be in pairs.)  She WILL NOT let it go.  *sigh*  Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-pet... I like animals.  But we already have two cats, a dog, a turtle, and probably 30 Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches.  This house simply isn't equipped to be a makeshift farm.

Anyway... we're in discussions about it.  I told her that IF she gets one, she has to pay for everything herself, and take care of it.  We went to PetSmart yesterday to price everything out... she needs at least $50 - she's already got about $30 saved up.

Sigh.

In other news, she said this to me at dinner last night, and cracked me right the heck up:

"Corn.  It has a vegetable taste, but it's sweet.  That is SO wrong."

Hahaha!  "That is SO wrong."  I don't know WHERE she gets that from.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment