Thursday, June 28, 2012

Today Is A Sad Day (Isabella Santos)

Today is a sad day.

This morning, cancer (neuroblastoma) won, and little Isabella Santos was taken far too soon.  She was only 7 years old.

I didn't know Isabella personally, nor did I know her family - her parents worked with my husband.  I have heard things filtered through my husband for years, and have followed along online, from a distance.  Even though I never met Isabella, my heart is broken.

Seven.  Just seven years old.  My little girl is only 8 months older than Isabella... having to say goodbye to your 7 year-old daughter is just unthinkably cruel.  I look at Annalise, and wonder how in the world anyone musters the strength to get through something so amazingly devastating... but I know they do.

I can't imagine the pain of cuddling up with your daughter as she takes her last breath.
I can't imagine how excruciating it is to watch your lively child deteriorate before your eyes.
I can't imagine how the human heart can even endure such things.

My heart is broken for Isabella's family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/isabellasantos/journal

No comments:

Post a Comment