Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random Mind-Dump



Sinusitis is kicking my ass.  Ugh.  Feel like I've been flattened by a bus.  But hey... life goes on!

The other day the kids and I went to Target to spend the money they’d saved up, and had a nice discussion about what they wanted, and how much money to bring.  I decided that they were old enough to learn about taxes, and that it was time they paid, and I stopped absorbing the ‘overages’.  I may have done too good a job simplifying taxes for a child’s understanding….

Cashier:  “Here’s your change!”
E:  “Oh!  I get to keep this?  You mean the government’s not going to take it?!”

[Snickers all around]

In other kid news, I think E took our discussion about what constitutes a mammal very seriously.  I explained that yes, we have fur, and yes, we are mammals.  That came back to bite me in the butt, as things often do.

E (rubbing my leg):  “Ooh, Momma, your fur is gone!”
Me:  Um, yeah.  It’s called Nair… it takes all the hair off my legs.
E:  Can I take my fur off too!?
Me:  “When you are 11, and not a day before.”
E (eyeing me speculatively):  “You should probably do your arms too, Momma.”

OUCH.

All that being said, I was saving the best for last...

I have a Mother’s Helper for the summer!  Her name is Allison.  She’s a 19 year-old college student, and I <3 her.  Why?  Because for 3 hours a day (3 days a week) I can clean, run errands, or do whatever the heck I please in blissful peace.  And the best part is, I don’t feel guilty, because they like her so. darned. much.  They don’t even try to vie for my attention when she leaves, because they are sated.

Ahh.  Awesomeness.

Some days, I want to kidnap Allison and keep her forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment