Friday, May 11, 2012

Make A Wish

I kind of want to rewind and be 10 years old again.

OK, maybe not... but I would love for things to be that simple again, when my 'heart's desires' were so very simple.  New toys, clothes, bikes... all those things made me blissfully happy at 10.

Is it just me, or did it seem that each year after 10, things got infinitely more complex?

No birthday cake this year... I haven't had one in years.
If I were 10 I would blow out my candles and wish for a new cassette tape, a brand-new Caboodles make-up organizer, or some books.

My wishes would be SO very different at 35.
Namely because they would be mostly impossible ones.  Wishes to hug someone one last time, to fix broken relationships, to take back words... those are the wishes that would be on my mind.

Since those things are impossible, I wish for the strength to see nothing but hope and opportunity in the future, and to let go of things I can't fix.  I can feel good knowing that the ones I love and care for know it, and that I have people in my life who love me no matter what I do or say, and no matter how crazy I sometimes get.  (And I know that's a tall order, guys!  :))

Onward and upward....

One hurdle down, now official 'middle age' is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment