Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bohemian Rhapsody - Party Time! Excellent!

I love music.  Life just isn't complete without a soundtrack, is it?  :)

The only thing is that that my memories tend to become inextricably intertwined with music, so a certain song can set me off, make me cry, stare into space, or grin maniacally for seemingly no reason.  LOL!

Like this one:


Bohemian Rhapsody has so many specific memories attached to it.  :)
  • The old 45 my brother and I found as kids and played on our (barely working) record player.
  • Wayne's World.  (Of course!)
  • "Freshman Friday" in Jr. High.  Hanging out on the playing fields, eating and socializing... one guy was really popular because he brought a boombox, and had the Wayne's World soundtrack on tape.  Yeah, baby!
  • Carowinds!  I can smell the hot pavement and funnel cake when I hear this song.  I can almost feel the air from the fans waiting in line for The Hurler, and hear Wayne and Garth talking about the ride.  "Party Time!  Excellent!"

Yep.  It's good.  :)  The song is definitely better than The Hurler, which always managed to leave me with a massive headache.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment