Thursday, April 19, 2012

Drop Cloth Curtains

My house is in desperate need of a spruce-up.

Pretty much since the minute we moved in here, I've been busy with kids that NEED a lot, fighting sleep-deprivation, and have simply been too behind with virtually everything to care about shaping things up that much.

Well, that stage is over, and I'm DYING to fix the place up.  The master bath got an overhaul a few months back, and now I want my living room in shape.  I've done a few little things, and today I addressed a problem that's been driving me crazy for years - the ugly curtain things in my living room.

See?  Ugly.  The rods are even those crappy white sliding metal ones left by the previous homeowners.  Really, really bad.  (There's a second window on the other side of the door, not shown.)


So.  One thing stopping me was that I'm basically a cheapskate, and didn't want to spend a lot of money on living room curtains.  I haven't found anything I like on sale for a decent price, and so I started looking online and saw curtains I quite liked on a DIY site.  Get this... they're made from drop cloths!!

Drop cloth curtains.  Yeah, I can SO do that.
So I did... and I like them!  I even made cute little burlap tie-backs, held in place by my vintage-look glass knobs.  :)  (Excuse the random crap outside the window... the kids love to drag junk out on to the deck to play with.)


Two curtains and tie-backs, and two curtain rods only set me back $25!  That makes the cheapskate in me very, very happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment