Monday, March 26, 2012

I Have A Clean House

I have a clean house.

Wow.

No, you don't understand.  It's really, truly clean... at first glance, you might even think kids don't live here!  (Please, let me entertain my fantasies... you know this 'clean' thing won't last.  I probably won't see it with any regularity for, oh, at least 15 years.)

I have been obsessively working my ass off for a week... getting various rooms cleaned, and maintaining others.  Along the way I have also been tackling a few small projects.  Today I finally spray-painted two fugly, worn-out hand-me-down barstools into cute, shabby-chic looking 'pieces' and refurbed our tacky, faded, worn mailbox.  I have also dreamed up a floor 'treatment' for the laundry room... that will be a long process, though, so that will have to wait for a little later....

Ahh.  Did I mention I'm also caught up on laundry?
The kids' rooms are cleaned?
My room is clean?
All floors have been vacuumed, swept, mopped?
I have cleaned and organized my sewing room?

Yep.  I'm on it.  I've found it's a fabulous way to keep centered, and keep my mind off depressing things.  I wish I'd discovered how cathartic and helpful keeping crazy-busy could be YEARS ago!  And not only does it do the trick keeping my mind from wandering into bad territory, I get a gratifyingly clean space at the end - bonus!

The only problem is that now I daydream about Home Depot, and keep adding projects to my to-do list.  :)  It's a good thing!  Now, I shall flay anybody who dares mess with my hard work - consider yourselves warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment