Sunday, March 18, 2012

Déjà vu



Déjà vu.  
Totally freaky sensation, and it always seems to hit me at the weirdest times.  Like today... today I was sitting at my desk with Facebook open, playing Castleville.  (Specifically, waiting on energy so I could feed a cow to get milk.)


That's when it hit me... playing a stupid FB game, with a glass of wine in front of me.  I swear, everything in the world seemed familiar... exactly as it 'was', presumably, at some point in the past.  The game, the action, the smells, the wine... even the temperature.  Everything seemed eerily familiar, as though God just decided to rewind to a different time in the past and let me have another go at it.


Sometimes I think "Man, if only... there are definitely things I'd like to have another stab at"... but I usually talk myself out of feeling that way.  I tell myself that every single thing that happens is a lesson, a gift, a chance for growth, or a new opportunity... sometimes I even believe it.  :)


Everything happens for a reason, and there is good in everything... that's my motto.  Sometimes it's a bitch to remember in the thick of bad times, but I know that to be true in the deepest part of my heart.  


So, why do some déjà vu experiences leave me so wistful?  Yeah, I know everything happens to lead me to another place, another time, another level, and I shouldn't look back...  but sometimes these experiences just make you wish for a simpler time.  :)


Thankfully some things never change...  like FB (until they decide to eff with the format again) and wine.  And we can all agree that wine is always good, wistful or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment