Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weep Not For The Memories

Sometimes great advice comes from music.  Though, admittedly, usually not rap songs.  Generally speaking, any advice that starts with the words "Pop that coohie" or "Back that ass up" is usually not going to be advice you want to follow.

Well, unless you're a two-dollar crack whore... then, all bets are off.

That being said, it's hard to take advice that comes from music particularly seriously because usually the person delivering it is guilty of:
 a)  not even writing the song.
 b)  having zero grip on 'normal' reality, what with rolling around in their millions and all.
 c)  both a and b.

Sometimes, though, a song is good enough (lyrics-wise) that I don't care if it's original, or even sincere, because it speaks to me in some way.  I have a bad habit of hanging on and/or beating myself up about things I can't change.



Weep not.  Remember, but don't dwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment