Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pavlov's Dog

My daughter has a bad habit of putting her pet on people's heads... just sneaking up behind you, putting on your head, and walking away.  She did it to her Grandma a few months back, got a lot of laughs from her Dad, and so of course she keeps on doing it.  Everyone loves a laugh, right?

It might not be so bad if her pet was a puppy, a bunny, or maybe a furry little hamster... but my daughter's pet is a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.  She loves the darned thing, walks around with it on her shoulder, does her homework with it on her arm, and tries to let it eat at the kitchen table with her.  (I put my foot down on that one!  Though, she does keep trying to sneak 'Girl' (that's her name) by me.)

Anyway, so yeah... she's got this annoying habit of putting Girl on people's heads.  Including mine.

The first time she did it I wasn't expecting it, and I freaked out...  I jumped up, shook my head, and shrieked.  BAD MOVE.  (That just made it even more hilarious, apparently, and when something's hilarious she keeps on doing it.)

She's done it to me repeatedly, and it's gotten so bad now that if she simply comes up behind me and touches the back of my head, I jump a mile.  Sad.  Very sad.  I squeal like a little girl.

She's stated a few times lately that when Girl dies, she wants a tarantula... yeah, like THAT'S going to happen!

You may think it's funny to make me into one of Pavlov's dogs with your 'bug on the head' experiment, but you're shooting yourself in the foot here, chickadee.

Note to self:  remove 'giant bugs that might eat your face off' from the approved pet list.

No comments:

Post a Comment