Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dawn and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Yeah. It hasn't been a good one.
9:22 am, and I already want a do-over!

Last night I made the cutest Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes for my daughter's class, complete with cotton candy hair. I was quite pleased with myself... I had everything ready to go, and was on top of things for once.

I should have known that signaled trouble. When animals begin acting strangely, you know a natural disaster is coming... well, same here. When I'm on top of things and seem to have it all together, it's a clue that a catastrophe will soon follow.

The morning started off as usual... but then I went to peek at the cupcakes. DISASTER! The cotton candy 'melted' (for lack of a better word) and formed a hard, gross-looking coating on my lovely cupcakes. Emergency repairs needed to be done, and they just didn't look as good after that. *sniff*

Tense. I decide to go relax on Facebook for a minute. Right before I plopped into my desk chair, something caught my eye - cat vomit. The little creep vomited all over my desk chair, and all over the floor surrounding it. I get it cleaned up, and it's about this time that I realize I've lost my phone.

*sigh*

Yeah, I know. Call it! No can do... it needed to be charged. I spent two hours searching and stressing out before I found it.

To top it off, as my oldest daughter was leaving, she reminded me that it is school picture day. Ask me if she's dressed nicely? Yeah. You guessed it.

Then the little one couldn't find her shoes, and her breakfast was a cheese stick in the car on the way to school. Which, by the way, she got all over her lovely outfit. Oh, and before leaving P asks me if I'm going to the gym today (yet again). By this point I'm feeling rather stabby.

Seriously? Do-over?

No comments:

Post a Comment