Thursday, August 26, 2010

We're Not In Kansas Anymore...

I went on a solo vacation. What a coup! Needless to say, I had an awesome time on said vacation... sleep whenever I wanted it, total freedom, no demands on my time. Ahhhhh. Bliss.

Anyway, I spent part of said vacation in beautiful San Diego. I didn't spend much time there, but what I did see was rather diverse. I stayed two nights, and stayed in different hotels each night - the first in Mission Valley, the second right near the border on San Ysidro. Different. Very different.

I actually didn't realize how close to the border the second hotel was until I saw the signs along the highway proclaiming "LAST U.S. EXIT. TURN BACK NOW!!" Ok, so maybe not... but similar. You get my drift. Anyway, due to an error on my part, my GPS was not finding my hotel, so I got to explore the area a little bit. Once back on the highway, I saw this sign, and nearly ran off the road:



Seriously, that sign is a road hazard. Its very existence in what is arguably the most liberal state in the US caused me to do a very unsafe, mouth gaping double-take. That's not even mentioning the fact that once my shock wore off, I laughed so hard I almost couldn't breathe. (Yes, very un-PC of me, but come on! LOL!) Methinks that doesn't make for very safe driving conditions, especially for unsuspecting tourists like myself who apparently can't contain their glee when happening upon something out of the ordinary.

I obviously don't get out much, because that damned sign was one of the highlights of my trip. I wish I'd had time to grab a t-shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment