Monday, August 24, 2009

Sugar and spice and everything... nice? Surely there's some mistake.

"NO! You're a BUM!"

Ahhh, from the mouths of babes.
Pretty benign insult overall, no? You may even find yourself thinking "Ah, come on kid - you can do better than that!"

Just to clear something up, she wasn't referring to panhandlers when she tossed out the word bum, she was referring to the back end, the exit, the rectal area, or however you want to put it. Yeah. That bum. And that lovely little shouted insult was directed at her Daddy.

(Is it bad that just recounting this story makes me titter to myself?)

At any rate, obviously my three year-old has taken a liking to potty humor, potty mouth, and virtually all things that refer in some way to the posterior. *sigh*
I routinely hear:

"YOU POOPY!"
"You're a POOPY head!"
"You BUM!"
"Poopy, poopy, poopy, POOPY!"
(Said in a sing-song voice dancing around her sister)

Everyone told me I'd hear this stuff repeatedly... IF I HAD BOYS. Nobody mentioned that the sweet little pig-tailed cherubs that are little girls (hahahaha!) would be so fond of talking about such un-ladylike things. The psychologist in me is scared shitless (pun intended) to find out what Freud would think about this.

I keep hoping this phase will pass soon, but given our most recent conversation, I don't see that happening.

E: "Mommy, I WIKE Finding Nemo."
M: "Oh yeah? I do too, it's a good movie."
E: "Yeah, you know why I wike it?"
M: "Why's that?"
E: "There's a BUTT in it. He touched the BUTT. Tee hee hee!"


Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment