Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Little Of This, A Little Of That...

Random thought #1:

Today has been interesting, for lack of a better word. Earlier, while shopping with the girls I thought to myself "Maybe I should look for work doing voiceover ads." Because I am very good at repeating the same tired lines over and over again until I am hoarse in the attempt to achieve just the right pitch and tone...

"Keep your hands to YOURSELF."
"Keep your HANDS to yourSELF."
"KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOUR.SELF."

Random thought #2:

I have this 'thing' with anniversaries. I remember the anniversary of just about everything (everything significant to me, that is). Today is a personal anniversary. (And no, I won't be sharing what happened on this date. I'll keep it to myself and let you guess. :D)

Random thought #3:


Sometimes being a grown-up sucks.
It would be really nice to be able to hole up every now and then and wallow in self-pity when I have a bad day. (Ah, who am I kidding? I'd settle for peeing in private most days.)


Random thought #4:


The most grueling and dreaded part of domesticity is the knowledge that every.single.day you have to come up with an answer to the unspoken question that plagues you as soon as your feet hit the floor in the morning.... What's for dinner?



It's been one of those days. You know the ones - those that by the end have you convinced you need therapy. Well, therapy is expensive and impractical right now, so this will have to serve as a temporary measure to decompress. (And no, this does not mean you are now my therapist. I better not be receiving a bill for $100 for this 'session'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment