Sunday, December 28, 2008

Taste The Rainbow

I love the movie Juno.

I like it so much, in fact, that I find myself randomly using words/phrases from the movie.
"You're the cheese to my macaroni."
"Thundercats are gooooo!"

And then of course, there's my personal favorite:
"That's one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskittle."

It seems I use the word 'homeskittle' a lot - especially when driving, as an alternative to my favorite *ahem* more colorful expletives.

Hey, there are some things I just don't want my kids saying at school. Especially a Christian preschool.

A few nights ago we took the kidlets to see the Christmas lights at McAdenville (locals will know what I'm talking about). Of course we were in gridlock traffic, so we had all the windows (and moon roof) open so the kids could hear the music.

Bad idea.

It seems a rather sizable recreational vehicle was blocking my four year-old's view of a particular display. I became aware of this when I hear an indignant voice from the backseat yelling "Out of the way, homeskittle! You're blocking my view!" "Go. Move, homeskittle!"

Bear in mind that our windows were wide open, as were the windows of virtually everyone else driving through.

Man, are kids a loud, unabashed mirror view of your actions or what?!

I might have been mortified if I hadn't been too busy trying to regain composure after my mostly silent fit of laughter.

Amendment:

I feel compelled to amend this wonderful, insightful piece of literary genius upon the realization that I'm kind of a dipshit. Apparently the line from Juno goes "This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet." That is all.
I won't change the story because, well... I like my way better. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment