Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can You Smell That Smell? The Smell That Surrounds You....

Sometimes having an (almost) two year-old can be a mortifying experience. (Can something be both mortifying and hilarious? Because that is truly how I would describe the following...)

My girls and I were perusing the racks at one of our favorite places to bargain-hunt on Friday... all was well until we decided to hit the Women's Clothing department.
There, as luck would have it, we walked in right as a woman in our path committed a heinous indiscretion.

That's right, she farted. Let one rip.
And not just that, but it was deadly... truly heinous.

And right as we walk into the heinous cloud of stench, my two year-old decides to have a moment of perfect clarity....
She looks directly at the stink-machine in question, grins widely and says "HELLO, STINKY! HELLO, STINKY! HELLO, STINKY!" at least 5 times in a row.

Have you ever seen a person nearly die from simultaneously trying to sink into the floor and contain paroxysms of laughter at the same time? No? Well, it's not pretty.

It got even worse when we passed the same woman some 20 minutes later, and said two year-old looks right at her again, smiles, and says "HEY STINKY!".

I'm going to croak.
I'll either die of embarrassment or laughter.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I'm dying here myself!! ROFLMAO!! I love 2 year olds. I know they are annoying as all get out...but man are they ever amusing!

    ReplyDelete