Monday, February 11, 2008

Closing Time

Perfunctory.

Perfunctory is the perfect word to describe what a conversation is like with someone you haven't seen or spoken to in nearly 27 years.
What on earth do you say?

I didn't know either.
That's how my estranged father and I ended up talking about the weather, carpet... and anything else *but* what has transpired in the last few decades.

Oddly, though, I'm not disappointed, because I wasn't expecting anything.
In all likelihood will not talk to him again - I don't see the point. There's nothing he could say now that would matter, and I don't want a 'relationship' with him.

It was just a very strange experience. Strange, and pretty much a non-event for the most part.

But it's done. I can close up shop, I think.

Onward we go....

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave. I just wanted to remind you of that.

    ReplyDelete