Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Auld Lang Syne

How can it possibly be 2008 already?!
I swear, it seems like yesterday that I was ringing in the year 2000 with booze and fireworks, and here I am 8 years later wondering what the hell happened! (lol)

Everyone always said that the older you get, the faster the years go by. And damn it - they were right! It's one of the huge indicators to me that I'm definitely NOT quite as young as I feel. (Well , that and the gray hairs I viciously yank out every couple of months.)

Gray hairs. GRAY HAIRS. Can you believe it?!
Before long I'll be yelling at random kids to "Get the hell off my lawn!" and will start hearing things like "Hey old timer, watch it. You wouldn't want to break a hip on that water slide." from smart-ass teenagers.

Kids today. *grumbles*

So yeah. The years are flying by lately, and 2007 was no exception. The rugrats have kept me on my toes and exceptionally busy, and I suspect that won't be changing anytime soon....

So goodbye, 2007 - here's to another year of craziness, another 20 gray hairs, and a box of Clairol (that is undoubtedly in my future).
Hip, hip, HOORAY!

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment