Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Winning Streak

Two good things in one day - I'm on a roll!

I had a Dr. appointment today to get a 'growth' on my neck checked out.

The verdict? It's a sebaceous cyst. The doc reached right out and popped it. Voila - no more lump. I felt pretty damned undignified, obviously. Here I was entertaining visions of lumpectomies, cancer, chemo, hospital bed rest (hey, a girl can dream), the works... and it turns out to be a nasty fluid-filled cyst.

Yum.

I did get a flu shot while I was there though, so at least I didn't completely waste that $20 copay.

But wait, there's more! After that, the really good thing happened! (What, you thought being pronounced cancer-free was the best thing that happened to me today? Ha!)

BOTH of my kids are now taking a nap. Both of them. Lately that happens about as often as Britney Spears washes her hair, so you can see why I am so excited.

The house is so blissfully quiet I could cry... after I look to see if Ed McMahon is here with my check yet, of course. (Hey. It could happen. My kids are both napping - did I mention that?) I think Ed must be coming soon... I'm obviously heading into a winning streak here.

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment