Monday, October 8, 2007

King Of The Germ Heap

My kids are angels.
Why other kids cannot follow suit and be un-annoying angelic creatures, I'll never know. (insert sad headshake)

Take this afternoon for instance:
My girls and I go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch (where we go waaay too much, but I digress) and then they play in the play area for a bit afterwards.
In said play area, I encounter "Annoying kid, type 1" - type 1 being the goody two-shoes RULE ENFORCER.

(Not to be confused with type 2, which is the KNOW-IT-ALL, or type 3, which is THE TATTLER.)

So, apparently I made a big mistake by letting my kids wear their shoes in there - after all, we were leaving in just minutes, and they never climb on the equipment anyway... they just play with the ground level toys. Well, Mr. RULE ENFORCER busy-bodies himself right on up to me and informs me that shoes ARE NOT ALLOWED, and my kids would have to TAKE THEIRS OFF!

Well, who died and made you King of germland?

We left shortly thereafter. I had to get out of there before the urge to pummel that kid with my gallon-sized drink cup took over.

From my experiences at various activities, I am left with but one conclusion: Once they start to talk, I mostly dislike any kid that didn't emerge from my hoo-ha.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment