Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'll have my usual, please.

I am such a creature of habit.
A stalker's dream, really.

I do the same things every morning, noon, and night. I order the same dishes at restaurants (over and over and over again), and I even dress the same pretty much all the time (think 12 shirts, exactly the same, but in different colors. Yeah. I'm daring). In short, I am a walking Excel spreadsheet.

Yeah. Anal much?

Now if only I could apply that discipline (cough*obsession*cough) to things that actually matter... like, oh, I don't know... laundry? Cleaning? Filing?
But alas... I fear that I am doomed to be completely anal-retentive only about the supremely inconsequential. And I wonder why my kids won't go to sleep without nightlights, humidifiers, and a bath before bed. (lol) Apple... meet tree. You didn't fall very far.

Before you know it my house will be a condemned structure... but eh... who cares? I've already had a glass of wine, had a bath, and put lotion on for the 27,000th time today. The important stuff is taken care of. Life is good.

Needless to say, if you look up the word 'Flexible' in the dictionary, you will not be seeing my picture.

1 comment: